Rubbish Collection & Disposal
Republic Waste Services is under contract for curbside recycling and refuse removal. If you have questions in reference to your curbside service, please contact Republic Waste: 440-572-7590
TRASH PICK UP DAYS
Pursuant to Ohio Revised Code prohibiting the acceptance of LIQUIDS as a waste stream at transfer stations, the Strongsville Transfer Station will no longer accept liquids of any kind.
Motor oil can be dropped of at any of the following locations.
Did you know?
That as a Strongsville resident (proof of residency required), you can dispose of excess refuse, scrap metal, car batteries, tires, appliances and yard waste at the FOLTZ PARKWAY TRANSFER STATION located behind 16099 Foltz Parkway (driveway along railroad tracks)
NEW Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Sunday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
This entrance is under video surveillance -illegal dumping is subject to fines
Disposal of Appliances
Place out on curb on your regular refuse pick-up day. PRIOR to placing it on the curb, the Freon must be removed by a certified plumber and tagged (appliances that may contain Freon: refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers & air conditioners.) Republic Waste will NOT pick-up if no tag is on the appliance. Please also remove doors on freezers & refrigerators. Thank you!
Does your appliance still work? Call the Cleveland Furniture Bank 216-459-2265. They accept donations of appliances, furniture & household goods.
Dispose of Syringes
Place Syringes in a heavy plastic bottle (detergent/ 2 liter soda pop), cap & tape on lid. Write SHARPS on the outside of the container and place in your normal refuse.
Brush Chipping Service
Strongsville residents have three options when it comes to handling residential brush.
1) Residents can take brush to the transfer station on Foltz Parkway
(drive located on east side of the Railroad tracks)
2) Residents can bundle branches in 4’ lengths (no more than 50 lbs/ bundle) and leave out for Republic Waste on normal trash day
3) Resident must call the City Service Department for pickup request, City will schedule for this service. Allow up to a week, if demand is great more time may lapse before pickup. Guidelines for Service Department Pick-up Service:
- City will ONLY pick up at curb (do not obstruct sidewalk or street)
- Place all cut ends in one direction
- Keep stack pile as neat as possible (branches only, no steel, metal or debris (no stumps))
- Branches up to 6” in diameter
- Branches so be greater than 3’ in length
- Normal Residential brush ONLY – no land clearing, if you hire a contractor, contractor is responsible to remove brush
Due to Disease and insect transmission potential, wood chips are not available to the residents. All chips are composted at an EPA State appropriate compositing facility.
This program helps the environment by keeping the plant material out of the Dump.