Did you know, the Strongsville Police Department has:
- a Chaplain Program.
- a Juvenile Diversion Program that handles more that 50% of all juvenile cases.
- a School Resource Officer scheduled at the Senior High School everyday.
- police field offices in all the wards of the city.
- a D.A.R.E. vehicle purchased with DUI and drug money seizures.
- an "Ultra Rapid Response" protocol to respond to critical incidents.
- a ranking with the Cleveland Magazine as one of the 10 safest suburbs
- a Christmas Charity Program.
- an in-house voluntary fitness program.
- the Mayor's Rockin-at-the-Rec Event that attracts more than 9,000 youth per year.
- grants received by both the Federal and State Governments for the D.A.R.E. Program.
- a "tops in the state" rating for the vehicle child restraint efforts.
- a "Volunteers In Police Service (VIPS)" program.
- certified bicycle patrol officers.
- portable generators that are used to run traffic lights in the event of power outages.
- all ranking officers above the rank of Sergeant are graduates of the Police Executive Leadership College, the FBI National Academy or the Certified Law Enforcement Executive College.