Residential Leaf Collection
The city of Strongsville provides leaf pickup for several weeks in the fall. To dispose of leaves at other times of the year, please bag them and set them out with your regular trash for pick-up.
Schedule for Fall 2019
NORTH OF ROYALTON ROAD: Leaves will be picked up the weeks of of Oct. 14, Oct. 28 and Nov. 11
SOUTH OF ROYALTON ROAD: Leaves will be picked up the weeks of Oct. 21, Nov. 4 and Nov. 18
PLEASE NOTE: If the leaf trucks are in your area prior to their scheduled week, they will be back during the scheduled week, and will be picking up on all the streets again.
More weeks will be added to the schedule after mid-November, if needed.
LEAF COLLECTION RULES:
Leaves must be ready for collection on the FIRST DAY of the scheduled collection week. There will be ONE PASS of each street per collection week. If trucks pick up leaves in your area earlier than the scheduled dates they will return on the scheduled collection dates
· Leaves should be piled along the roadside or curb, but not in the roadway or ditches and not more than 5 feet from the roadway.
· Branches, tree limbs, metal, rocks, firewood, or anything else that can cause damage to the leaf collection equipment must be sorted out from the leaf piles. Failure to do so will result in leaves NOT being collected.
· DO NOT bag leaves. Bagged leaves may be put out with your trash for collection on your regular trash collection day.
· Leaves collected by city crews will be sent to ecological collection locations approved by the State of Ohio.
· Additional collection dates after November 18 may be added as weather conditions permits or demand dictates. However, leaf collection trucks double as snow plow trucks and must be converted for such as soon as possible.
· Please check website and/or Cable TV Channel 21 for any additional updates or changes.
The City of Strongsville will stop picking up brush for chipping during the fall and winter. In 2019, no requests for branch or brush pick-up will be accepted after Oct. 6, 2019. Residents can still bundle their branches in 3-4’ sections and leave out on trash day or take them to the Transfer Station on Foltz Parkway. Brush and branch chipping will resume in late March or April.