Residential Leaf Collection
The city of Strongsville provides leaf pickup for several weeks in the fall. To dispose of leaves at other times of the year, please bag them and set them out with your regular trash for pick-up.
Schedule for Fall 2018
NORTH OF ROYALTON ROAD: Leaves will be picked up the weeks of Oct. 15, Oct. 29 and Nov. 12 AND DEC. 3 AND DEC. 10
SOUTH OF ROYALTON ROAD: Leaves will be picked up the weeks of Oct. 22, Nov. 5 and Nov. 19 AND NOV. 26
DECEMBER UPDATE: COLLECTION WILL CONTINUE NORTH OF ROYALTON ROAD THE WEEK OF DEC. 10 UNTIL ALL STREETS HAVE BEEN COVERED. THAT WILL BE THE FINAL COLLECTION. AFTER THAT, LEAVES CAN BE BAGGED AND LEFT OUT WITH YOUR REGULAR TRASH.
LEAF COLLECTION RULES:
Leaves must be ready for collection on the FIRST DAY of the scheduled collection week. There will be ONE PASS of each street per collection week. If trucks pick up leaves in your area earlier than the scheduled dates they will return on the scheduled collection dates
· Leaves should be piled along the roadside or curb, but not in the roadway or ditches and not more than 5 feet from the roadway.
· Branches, tree limbs, metal, rocks, firewood, or anything else that can cause damage to the leaf collection equipment must be sorted out from the leaf piles. Failure to do so will result in leaves NOT being collected.
· DO NOT bag leaves. Bagged leaves may be put out with your trash for collection on your regular trash collection day.
· Leaves collected by city crews will be sent to ecological collection locations approved by the State of Ohio.
· Additional collection dates after November 13 may be added as weather conditions permits or demand dictates. However, leaf collection trucks double as snow plow trucks and must be converted for such as soon as possible.
· Please check website and/or Cable TV Channel 21 for any additional updates or changes.
The City of Strongsville will stop picking up brush for chipping during the fall and winter. Residents can still bundle their branches in 3-4’ sections and leave out on trash day or take them to the Transfer Station on Foltz.