Contractor & Homeowner Registration

​For Residents

Click here for registration in order to act as a homeowner/contractor.


For Contractors


All commercial and residential contractors and sub-contractors are required to be registered with the Building Department. Registration is for one year begining with your bond date. Registration packets are available by calling the Building Department at 440-580-3105, visiting us at 16099 Foltz Parkway between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or by clicking below. Please be advised that the City of Strongsville Building Department has updated our bond forms to reflect that every applicant for new registration and renewal shall furnish and file with the Building Department a bond in the penal sum of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00). In addition, the bond forms have changed to five options only. Click on one of these choices to print the packet: Electrical Contractor, HVAC Contractor, Plumbing Contractor, Fire Alarm/Fire Suppression Contractor and General Trades Contractor. If you do not hold an OCILB license, your bond will be for General Trades Contractor. Your bonding company must complete one of those bonds based on the work that you will be performing in the City of Strongsville. There is no need to change the bond that you have on file with us unless it’s time for you to renew. At that time, please advise your bonding company that they must use our new bond from our website. After February 1, 2019 we will not accept the outdated bonds for renewals or new registrations unless it was dated prior to January 23, 2019.Once completed you can submit electroncially on this website, mail the papers to us or visit us at the Building Department.
Click here to register with your completed forms already uploaded

A building permit is required for each address a contractor works at in the City of Strongsville. In most cases, the general contractor applies for one permit to cover the complete job. A list of subcontractors (form) is required when applying for a permit. When calling for inspections, you must know the project ID# of the project you are working at. You may call for inspections at (440) 580-3105 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Inspections require a 24 hour notice. Do not leave requests for inspections on the Building Department voicemail.